Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Southwestern Quinoa Salad

So I know it has been a while since I last posted here.  I figured it was time to start updating my blog again.  Here is a great new recipe that I want to try.  I think I will make this for lunch. I found it here
SOUTHWEST QUINOA SALAD
2 cups quinoa, rinsed well (soak for a few minutes, then drain in a fine strainer)
4 cups water
2 cans black beans, rinsed well
4 medium tomatoes, diced
8 green onions, chopped (including most of the green part)
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
DRESSING:
1 heaping Tbsp. grated lime zest
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. sea salt (best: Original Crystal Himalayan Salt)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Whisk together the lime zest and juice, olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in a serving bowl. Simmer the quinoa in water uncovered for about 10 min. Turn off the heat, cover, and let stand 10 min. Strain any excess water. Add quinoa to dressing and toss well, then stir in remaining ingredients (beans, tomatoes, scallions, cilantro).

No comments:

Post a Comment