Friday, March 7, 2014

Wendy's Veggie Chili

My mom made this for me a couple months ago when she was over visiting.  She randomly threw this together and it tasted so good we wrote it down.  The spice measurements are not exact and I have been eyeballing it.  The measurements for the spices below are my best guess so feel free to shift the spice ratios to taste.  After learning about how damaging refined salt is to our bodies and cells, I have been shifting to using no salt added beans, broth, and any other vegetable to my recipes. I just adjust for the reduced flavor that by adding a little more sea salt in the recipe since sea salt is unrefined and a lot better for you.

In a big pot combine:
2 cans low sodium vegetable broth
2 Cans no salt added Kidney Beans
4 Cans organic black Beans
2 Cans fire roasted tomatoes
2 Onions chopped
1 bunch of cilantro chopped finely
several mini peppers chopped (red, yellow, and orange)
1-2 Tbsp. Grill mates mesquite seasoning
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp Dillweed
1 Tbsp. Smokey Paprika
2-3 tablespoons Fresh garlic
1 tsp. Cumin
2 Tbsp. Basil

Stir over medium heat on stove for 30-40 minutes then reduce heat stirring occasionally.  Total cooking time is one hour.  You can also put in crockpot on low for 4-6 hours.





No comments:

Post a Comment